Monday, August 4, 2008

Fractured!

That's right, Dallan fractured & sprained his ankle last week. It happened in such a lame way... too bad he wasn't doing something super cool. Pretty much, it was destiny. Life just got a little (a lot) busier. Arg. We were really enoying so much of the outdoors this summer too. I guess I can still swim & bike without him, but that's not as much fun. Of course, he's still grinning through it. Dallan is rarely without a smile. I love him, bum leg and all! Here's to a speedy recovery! He even has bruising between his toes! He gets 6 weeks of "the boot", then surgery may be considered, followed by some fun physical therapy, yipee!


5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

holy crap owww!! Maybe he would fit in one of those baby cart things that you pull behind the bike, lol. Now that would be a blog op!

August 5, 2008 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger i said...

Yippee is right. Poor Dallin...poor rachel. I bet you are having fun adjusting.

August 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger raffleckt said...

Tara: Thanks for sharing our sense of humor. We've totally been joking about me pulling him in the trailer w/ Avery.

Julie: Yes, poor me! I'll take the sympathy! Since his injury, I've been so fortunate to be able to take ove most of his chores, plus keeping the ice-packs cold, reminding him to elevate, take his Motrin, bring him his walking cast. Of course he misses his independence... so do I!! ;D

August 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger mIcHeLLe said...

oh no!!! That's too bad...amazing how you take the little things for granted before you get injured, huh? I hope it heals fast for your sake and his.... :)

August 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger raffleckt said...

Thanks Michelle! It's true, I definitley took his two feet for granted! Bahahahaa! Ugh.

August 11, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home