Thursday, April 10, 2008

Testing-Testing-1-2-3


Our house has been pretty boring lately. Dallan has banished himself to our office during every spare moment after work & on weekends. He is studying for his PE (Professional Engineer) exam. After graduating as a civil/structural engineer he was required to spend 4 yrs as an intern before he could apply for the PE exam which is only offered every 6 mos., so no pressure, right?? Then he will FINALLY be a licensed engineer w/ a special stamp to prove it! He'll be testing all day this Friday & Saturday, grueling. We have to wait a few months for the results, & it's only a pass/fail. I've been trying not to distract his studies by keeping out of the office, except to work on our taxes *yuck*, like I'm supposed to be doing now. Cross your fingers for us!
Why am I doing my own taxes? I don't know. I guess it's a skill I've always admired in others who have this ability (holla, Jake Stephens!). Now I can say that I've done it. Next year I'll be having someone else do it for me, ha! Okay, back to the tax grind, *yuck*!
Go get 'em Dallan!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Taxes - yay!! psych! After dutifully taking on that tax for a couple years I have relented to a professional. I think the $80 he charges is about the cost of my sanity, lol. Yes, Go Get em DALLAN!

April 10, 2008 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

go Dallen...

And if I can do the taxes, you can do the taxes. Believe it.

April 10, 2008 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger raffleckt said...

Haha! Both of your comments cracked me up... Thanks guys!

April 10, 2008 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Jennie Brown Stephens said...

OH seriously rachel... taxes arent that hard with a program! Seriously if JAKE can do it, YOU CAN! haha Maybe once dallan is done with this test, he can paint my flower picture!!

April 11, 2008 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

rachel, I have that split pea soup recipe. I don't know if you froze any of your ham or not. If you want it just email me.

April 11, 2008 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger mIcHeLLe said...

it was so fun meeting you and thanks so much for all the boxes!! Maybe we'll see more of everyone now the weather is a lot nicer! Take care.

April 13, 2008 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Ah ha! I knew the Olmsteads had some good friends here in Daybreak....now I know who you are...now I just have to meet you! :)- Matt and my husband Bill have been friends since 7th grade....we've kept in good touch with them and have met up with them several times since we both moved away from Oregon. They are such fun friends...we miss them!!
Hopefully I'll make it to a girls night out one of these next few months...for some reason I always have something planned on that night...lame!

April 14, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home