Monday, February 18, 2008

Good times...

Last weekend my little companion & I went on a girls only trip to Arizona for a childhood friend's wedding. Dallan had to stay behind for work stuff. This was her very first plane ride, at just 3 months old, & needless to say I was a little nervous about how she would perform. We couldn't have been assigned to sit by more difficult passengers. On the flight down we were seated between a slightly autistic man who said "it's okay to sit by him as long as she doesn't puke or something" & a very ritzy lady who "would like to sit w/ her husband in first class, but the seats there aren't designed for women & hurt her coxix". On the flight back we were between the window and a very, very drunk guy. Good thing she & I both were up to the challenges. Both flights were actually quite entertaining for all of us. Avery was smiley & charming & soon I knew all the details of these characters lives! It is funny how a baby causes people to treat you differently. I was surprised by the willingness of strangers to offer me assistance. Before Avery it never occurred to me that maybe the woman w/ kids at the airport might need a little assistance, I was completley oblivious, so the kindness of others on our trip was especially stunning to me. We had a fun adventure. I had a lot of fun visiting old friends & family, and enjoyed introducing them to our little girl! We miss you already! P.S. Yes... that is THREE, count 'em, THREE infant carseats that belong to three different moms taking up the middle row of a mini van on our way to the reception! Avery is on the left. =) Good times...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennie Brown Stephens said...

1 baby at the airport... I WIN Rach!! haha I had TWO, Po Po and Jack Jack at the airport, 3 suit cases, a stroller and 2 car seats ALL BY MY SELF! HAHAHAHA Now that was a good time. Then being "hit on" by a stranger who felt I needed assistance. Then running into the Winner of Survivor on the Denver airport train.... he is from Utah... I met someone famous! Glad to see your a blogger!!

February 19, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home