Saturday, February 23, 2008

OAMC, huh?

I'm so excited! This is my latest "thing" that is going to make my life simpler! Ha, Ha! In theory, at least! Once a month cooking (oamc). Well, I'm not quite capable of cooking 30 full meals in one day, but I like the concept & have put my own spin on it. One of my pet peeves is how my kitchen smells smoky when I fry ground beef. So why not just fry all of it at once & freeze the extra? I also started making a double batch when I cook something & then freeze the extra one. Dallan loves this because now he knows there's something for dinner! I still need to do more to get this all organized, but already I have reduced my quick trips to the grocery store for one thing (which usually ends up as 10 things). If anyone has any advice... weekly menus, recipes that freeze well, or just yummy recipes in general... I'd love to hear it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina Rochelle said...

I love cooking extra chicken and ground beef to freeze. One of our favorites is "chicken pot pie"- I cook and cut up some chicken and freeze a few bags then I pull one out and cook it with frozen vegetables, a can of cream of chicken soup and some Tony Chachere's seasoning then I bake some biscuits to put on top. So easy!

February 29, 2008 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Hi Rachel . . . see how this works? Love it.

http://www.thisweekfordinner.com/

Look at the above referenced blog. She has some fun ideas.

Just yesterday I was talking to your mom about holding Avery the day she was blessed. Can't wait to see her the next time you're in town.

March 12, 2008 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger raffleckt said...

Yes, we miss ALL our Vegas family (YOU!). Thanks for the link!

March 24, 2008 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger raffleckt said...

Thanks Gina, I'm glad I'm not alone here! I've been loving having cooked frozen ground beef on hand- I can't tell a difference in taste either! Keep the good tips comin'!

March 24, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home