Monday, May 19, 2008

How does your garden grow?

This weekend we finally made it to our community garden & got started on our plot.
This is our second year as "gardeners". This year we're going to attempt a version of square foot gardening. Dallan did a good job of mixing in the fresh new soil. We haven't planted anything yet, but we hope to grow lots of yummy things. Here is a picture of our plot.
Here is a picture of our neighbors plot. Neglected, aye?
Her garden grows coo coo shells & pretty blue speckeled eggs all in a row!

Here is the super tough stressed out momma bird that moved a boulder of rocks to make her nest! Amazing.Jennie, Jennie, quite contrary!!!! How does YOUR garden grow?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennie Brown Stephens said...

you better watch it hahahaha if I cant grow anything this season, I will be stealing your tomatoes and cilantro!! hahaa stinking little bird! I am just too nice.... those little eggs are just too cute!

May 20, 2008 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger mIcHeLLe said...

ha!! I saw those birds....there were 3 eggs and a baby bird the other day...is that Jennie's garden? Well, we are garden neighbors...however right now we are just growing a soaker hose....that is next week's activity...kids are off track, so gotta keep them busy!! love your blog!

May 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Mason said...

We need to come see you guys the next time we are in SLC. We would love to see the baby.

May 24, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Melissae said...

Hey Rachel!

I stumbled upon your blog tonight...let me know your e-mail and I'll add you to my list so you can see my blog.

I'm sorry you didn't get to make a ton of flowers tonight. We'll have to try again! Your little one is adorable. :-)

Melissae
melissaeross@hotmail.com

May 24, 2008 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Gina Rochelle said...

community garden. Are you in Utah or what? Haha. I planted some tomatoes last week and now my back is paying the price. I have a bad history of killing plants, so give me all your gardening secrets and maybe all even plant something else.

June 3, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home